Flat Ribbon Cable High quality FRC 2.54mm IDC cable 1.27mm ribbon wire:
FRC is a flat ribbon cable (also known as multi-wire planar cable) is a cable with many conducting wires running parallel to each other on the same flat plane. As a result the cable is wide and flat. Its name comes from its resemblance to a piece of ribbon.
Ribbon cables are usually seen for internal peripherals in computers, such as hard drives, CD drives and floppy drives. On some older computer systems (such as the BBC Micro and Apple II series) they were used for external connections as well. The ribbon-like shape interferes with computer cooling by disrupting airflow within the case and also makes the cables awkward to handle, especially when there are a lot of them; as a result, round cables have almost entirely replaced ribbon cables for external connections and are increasingly being used internally as well.
- 1.27 mm Pitch 10/14/16/20/26 Pin 28 AWG Flat Ribbon Cable for IDC Socket 2.54mm Connector
- Tinned copper conductor
- Top-coated conductors are available
- Uniform wire thickness for easy stripping can cutting
- Vertical or horizontal flame test passed as per UL VW-1
- UL styles: UL2651
- 1m of FRC cable (as per order)