Allen Keys that are designed to let you avail to advantages that are important in fastening jobs. You can use the these to extract more torque for fastening tasks with ease. These Allen keys are made of high-grade alloy steel and are hardened and tempered so that you can perform tough fastening jobs without damaging the keys. These hex keys are coated with black oxide to make them resistant to corrosion so that their durability is enhanced. Black oxide or blackening is a conversion coating for ferrous materials, stainless steel, copper and copper based alloys, zinc, powdered metals, and silver solder. It is used to add mild corrosion resistance, for appearance and to minimize light reflection.
Allen keys Features:
- The tool is simple, small and light.
- The contact surfaces of the screw or bolt are protected from external damage.
- There are six contact surfaces between bolt and driver.
- Very small bolt heads can be accommodated.
- The tool allows the use of headless and recessed-head screws.
- The screw can be held by the key while it is inserted into its hole.
- The torque applied to the screw is constrained by the length and thickness of the key.
- The tool is very cheap, so it can be included with products requiring end-user assembly.
- Either end of the tool can be used to take advantage of reach or torque.
- The tool can be reconditioned using an electric grinder by removing the worn-out part near the end.
- High torque is more likely to damage an internal socket/key than an external hexagon head/wrench
- It is much more difficult to turn a damaged internal fastener than an external one.
- No. of hex keys as per the order.