connector wire for stepper motor:
connector wire with 6pin jst connector as standard and other end has two options to connect mother board with. The options are jst 4 pin 2.0 connector and dupont female connector. The conductors of this 720mm Cable with Connector for NEMA17 Stepper Motor consists of pure copper.
- It has an overall length of 720 mm which is very convenient to install your stepper motor systematically in your projects or 3D printers etc. It equips 6 pin JST XH connector at one end and 4 pin Dupont connector at another end.
- Flexible cables specially designed for connecting NEMA17 Stepper Motor with Stepper Motor Drivers.
Wiring a Stepper Motor:
- Stepper motor can come with assortment of wire configurations so the type of motor you’ve selected will determine the wire setup. Most commonly stepper motors come with four, five, six, or eight wires.
- Comes with Four wires which means it can only be used with a bipolar driver. Each of two phase winding has a pair of wires can be noticed. Use meter to identify the wires.
- Find the wires that have the continuity between them and connect these to the stepper motor.
- Like the four wire motor, six wire stepper motors have a pair of wires for each winding.
- With the meter, divide the wires into sets of three that have continuity to each other, next identify the center taps. If connecting to a unipolar driver use all six of the stepper motor wires.
- Bipolar driver requires use only one end wire and one center tap of each winding. This will make the motor only function as a unipolar driver. Also, the windings will be impossible to identify without trial and error. The best way to do is try to identify the center tap wire since it has half the resistance.
- Eight wire stepper motor, which is much like the six wire.
connector wire Packing List:
- 1 set of 6 pin JST to 4 pin JST (or) 6 pin JST to 4 pin dupont ( as per order ).