Motor coupling for 3D printer:
Motor coupling is made up of Aluminium Alloy. Its bore is 5 mm to 8 mm and used for connecting stepper motor shaft to lead screw. It is mainly used in 3D printer, but it can be used in automation for several purposes. Its function is to transfer power from one end to another end. A rigid coupling is one that does not allow axial or radial motion between the driving and driven shafts. A rigid coupling consists of two flanges, one mounted on each shaft. Rigid couplings require exact alignment between shafts otherwise considerable wear on the bearings and seals will occur. Rigid couplings are used mainly on low speed or low torque applications where the shafts are an identical size and are not subject to misalignment.
Solid coupling Uses:
- Alter the vibration characteristics of rotating units.
- Connect driving and the driven part and also Introduce protection against overloads.
- Provide for misalignment of the shafts. To introduce mechanical flexibility.
- Reduce the transmission of shock loads from one shaft to another.
- To slip when overload occurs.
- It best fits into linear actuators where the Stepper Motor is fitted into aluminium profile.
- Solid coupling 1 piece.
- M4 Grub screw 2 pieces