IDC Connector socket pin connector Kit 2.54mm male & female:
IDC Connector, Insulation-displacement contact (IDC), also known as insulation-piercing contact (IPC), is an electrical connector designed to be connected to the conductor(s) of an insulated cable by a connection process which forces a selectively sharpened blade or blades through the insulation, bypassing the need to strip the conductors of insulation before connecting. When properly made, the connector blade cold-welds to the conductor, making a theoretically reliable gas-tight connection.
- IDC’s are quicker, and therefore less expensive, to manufacture. Literally dozens wires and contacts can be terminated at one time.
- The insulation on the wires does not have to be stripped prior to termination, or soldered, or individually crimped. This saves a lot of time and therefore money.
- Most IDC’s can be terminated by a basic hand press or other simple tool. For that matter, generally, much lower forces are required to terminate the ribbon cable to the IDC contacts.
- IDC has been around since the 1950’s and is an accepted connector design. It’s so accepted that connector companies offer a large variety of design and manufacturing options. They are available in a variety of wire gauges, pin sizes and centerlines. Mating connectors for the IDC cable assembly incorporate options to increase the ruggedness of the assembly with features like locking clips, ejection latches, strain relief, and polarization, to name just a few.
- Assuming you are purchasing your components from a reputable connector supplier (like Samtec!), IDC’s are gas-tight and vibration-proof because of the quality of the design and manufacture of the contacts and plastic insulators which house them.
- In the assembly process the metal blades penetrate any surface oxides on the wire.
- In our opinion one of the biggest disadvantages of ribbon cable and IDC is the cable is relatively inflexible and stiff, and the cable pretty much has to travel from one point of termination to another in a relatively straight line, or with minimal bends and angles.
Ribbon cable FRC Connector Set Includes:-
- 10 Pin Connectors (Male & Female) – Each 5 Nos
- 14 Pin Connectors (Male & Female) – Each 5 Nos
- 16 Pin Connectors (Male & Female) – Each 5 Nos
- 20 Pin Connectors (Male & Female) – Each 5 Nos
- 26 Pin Connectors (Male & Female) – Each 5 Nos
Total No. of connectors – 50Nos
Package Includes – All connectors + 1 Plastic Box