Arduino Mega 2560 is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega2560. It includes digital input/output pins-54, where 16 pins are analog inputs, 14 are used like PWM outputs hardware serial ports (UARTs) – 4, a crystal oscillator-16 MHz, an ICSP header, a power jack, a USB connection, as well as an RST button. This board mainly includes everything which is essential for supporting the microcontroller. So, the power supply of this board can be done by connecting it to a PC using a USB cable, or battery or an AC-DC adapter. This board can be protected from the unexpected electrical discharge by placing a base plate. It has 54 digital input/output pins.
Arduino Mega Specifications
- The operating voltage of this microcontroller is 5volts
- The recommended Input Voltage will range from 7volts to 12volts
- The input voltage will range from 6volts to 20volts
- The digital input/output pins are 54 where 15 of these pins will supply PWM o/p.
- Analog Input Pins are 16
- DC Current for each input/output pin is 40 mA
- DC Current used for 3.3V Pin is 50 mA
- Flash Memory like 256 KB where 8 KB of flash memory is used with the help of bootloader
- The static random access memory (SRAM) is 8 KB
- The electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) is 4 KB
- The clock (CLK) speed is 16 MHz
- The USB host chip used in this is MAX3421E
- The length of this board is 101.52 mm
- The width of this board is 53.3 mm
- The weight of this board is 36 g
- 15 can be used as PWM outputs.
- 16 analog inputs, 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports).
- 16 MHz crystal oscillator.
- USB connection.
- Power jack.
- ICSP header, and
- Reset button.
It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller. Simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable. Or power it with a AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started. The Mega 2560 board is compatible with most shields designed for the Uno and the former boards Duemilanove or Diecimila.
Arduino mega Package includes: